Yearlong Volunteer Teaching Opportunities in Colombia
What has stopped you from moving across the globe and teaching underserved communities that need your help? From experiencing a world unknown, a foreign culture, unfamiliar people?
WorldTeach is currently accepting applications for college graduates to serve as volunteer teachers in our yearlong program in Colombia.
About the Colombia program: Volunteers are full time English teachers in public elementary schools in rural communities, including a few bilingual school placements. WorldTeach volunteers qualify for TEFL certification. WorldTeach partners with the Ministry of Public Education of Colombia, which subsidizes the program, therefore reducing the volunteer commitment fee to $1,250.
Yearlong volunteers receive:
- Comprehensive visa sponsorship and assistance in securing necessary work permits
- WorldTeach pre-departure literature and preparation
- Health & emergency evacuation insurance
- Training comprising 3-4 week Orientation upon arrival, Mid Service Conference, and End of Service Conference
- Meals and housing during orientation and conferences
- In-country transportation between training and placement sites
- Housing provided with a host family
- Monthly stipend of US$200
- Option for TEFL certification in some programs
- Professional development through Teacher Quality Program, including mentorship by remote Teacher Quality Coordinator
- Support from full time, in-country field staff
Note: volunteers are responsible for their own airfare
Volunteer Period: January 2016 – December 2016
Qualifications: Applicants must be native English speakers and be between the ages of 21-73. A Bachelor’s degree is required at the time of departure. No teaching experience is necessary, but an interest in teaching, and a flexible, mature attitude are attributes of a successful volunteer.
Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2014. Year program applications require a resume, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and a college/university transcript. Start your application www.worldteach.org” rel=”nofollow” class=”ext” data-uid=”365″>on our website here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About WorldTeach & Additional Programs
WorldTeach hosts 23 yearlong/semester/summer programs in 16 countries: American Samoa, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guyana, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Poland, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand. WorldTeach was founded in 1986 by a group of Harvard students who were motivated by the desire to promote local education initiatives in places where teachers and resources were lacking. Today, we continue to provide opportunities for individuals to serve as volunteer teachers around the world, working to educate under-served students in countries that would otherwise be unable to afford or locate qualified teachers. Each year, we send about 400 volunteers to local schools and host communities in countries around the world that have specifically requested our support through their Ministries of Education. WorldTeach is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit and Charity Navigator 4-star charity.
For more information, see www.worldteach.org” rel=”nofollow” class=”ext” data-uid=”365″>WorldTeach.org
– Comprehensive visa sponsorship and assistance in securing necessary work permits
– WorldTeach pre-departure literature and preparation – Health & emergency evacuation insurance
– Training comprising 3-4 week Orientation upon arrival, Mid Service Conference, and End of Service Conference
– Meals and housing during orientation and conferences
– In-country transportation between training and placement sites
– Housing provided with a host family
– Monthly stipend
– Option for TEFL certification in some programs
– Professional development through Teacher Quality Program, including mentorship by remote Teacher Quality Coordinator
– Support from full time, in-country field staff
APPLY HERE NOW