The British Institute (TBI) is an English Language Training Center which was established in 1984. TBI’s focus is to provide quality English language training delivered by qualified and experienced teachers with an added focus on teacher development. TBI has schools in major cities throughout Indonesia and we are currently recruiting centrally for the following locations:
* Jakarta * Bandung * Bali * Malang
We offer native speaker ESL teachers a superior employment package, exceptional professional career development, advancement opportunities and a first class professional working environment.
Qualifications: * Native speaker and citizen from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and UK only * 28- 52 years old (Indonesian government requirement) * Teaching experience in the EFL industry is preferred * CELTA or equivalent preferred * A Bachelor’s degree in an English discipline i.e. English Literature, English Linguistics or a Master in TESOL/TESL * Transcripts of degrees * Original education certificates and transcripts are required * Meets Indonesian government health requirements for foreign teachers * A positive attitude about teaching and an interest in development * Adaptable personality to cultural difference in South East Asia * A willingness to integrate as part of a team * High level of computer literacy
Applicants should complete their cover letter and CV details and send to email@example.com
Conversely if you wish to send your application by mail please send to: TBI Recruitment Menara Kuningan, Annex Building Floor F-1 Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Blok X-7, Kav. 5, Jakarta 12940, Indonesia
For more information about teaching positions at TBI and our programs please check our website at www.tbi.co.id/native-teacher
Compensation and Development Programs: 1. Competitive Salary TBI teachers are very competitive and afford teachers a good standard of living. Salaries are generally higher than that of our local competitors and overtime are generous.
2. End of contract bonus Upon completing a 12 month contract, teachers at TBI receive a USD end of contract bonus.
3. Airfare contribution Teachers at TBI also receive a generous USD airfare contribution in each contract.
4. Re-signing contract bonus Any teacher signing an additional contract with TBI will receive a USD re-signing bonus.
5. Accommodation support Applicants who meet requirements are provided with accommodation for their first month in Indonesia and an on-going monthly accommodation allowance. 6. Settling in loan All foreign teachers have the option of taking a settling in loan upon joining TBI and signing a 12 month contract.
7. Generous holiday entitlements TBI provides a very generous holiday entitlement and this allows teachers plenty of time to holiday and explore different parts of Indonesia and South East Asia. Teachers are given 20 flexible days of annua leave plus 2 additional weeks off that must be taken at the time of the Christmas and Eid school closure weeks. Indonesia also has up to 13 public holidays each year and teachers receive full pay on these days.
8. On-going development Teachers are continually encouraged to develop throughout their time with TBI. This be placed in our Professional Teaching Standards System and on-going development also includes attending internal and external training workshops.
9. Support and sponsorship for further study Teachers without a CELTA or equivalent qualification who meet Indonesian education department requirements may be considered for contracts that include the CELTA course. Sponsorship on CELTA Young Learner extension (YL) and DELTA is also regularly offered to committed TBI teachers and TBI schools actively facilitate teachers joining these programmes.