Free Online Course On English Legal System
Udemy is currently offering online course, ‘The English Legal System in 60 Minutes’ to LLB students worldwide. This 2 hours course is aimed at providing you a fast-track summary of the English Legal System.
The overall objective of this course is to provide a great resource for students who want to recap the entire syllabus and for those who want a better, clearer and more concise understanding of the principles. Applicants can start learning now.
Course At A Glance
Length: 18 lectures and 2 hours of content!
Subject: English Legal System.
Certificate Available: Yes.
Session: Course is open. Students can apply soon.
The English Legal System in 60 Minutes!
Whether you are a new student or someone who is just about to sit for your English Legal System or Common Law examinations, “The Law Simplified” course on the English Legal System will give you a fast-track summery of the subject.
Many students who study the Law, find it difficult to connect all of the pieces together. Thus, this course will give you a “bird’s eye” overview of the entire subject.
What’s more, you will have access to 20+ pages of case summaries, specifically designed to help you understand all the legal principles.
This course has been adapted to suit the needs of LLB students worldwide!
Remember, this is not a substitute for thorough learning, but it will be a great resource for students who want to recap the entire syllabus and for those who want a better, clearer and more concise understanding of the principles.
– Digestible chunks of knowledge: everything you need to know on each topic, simplified
– Downloadable “spider graphs” that will give you the bigger picture of the subject
– 20+ pages of case-law, developed in a simplified and direct manner.
What are the requirements?
- A basic understanding of the English Legal System
- Being a first year Law student is an advantage
- A committed and motivated attitude to fast-track study!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 18 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- You will learn the important principles of the English Legal System
- Clarification on “learning gaps” you may have
- Learn how to make your own “spider graph” for your examination
What is the target audience?
- Students reading for a common law LL.B programme
- Students sitting for Law examinations
- Anyone interested in learning the Law
Section 1: Welcome to the Law Simplified! Lecture 1 Welcome to the Law Simplified! 01:59 Section 2: Introduction to English Legal System Lecture 2 Introduction 04:16 Lecture 3 Thank You 1 page Section 3: Courts Lecture 4 Role of Courts 09:17 Lecture 5 Organization of Courts 05:50 Section 4: Functions Lecture 6 Statutory Interpretation – Part I 06:22 Lecture 7 Statutory Interpretation – Part II 07:27 Lecture 8 Statutory Interpretation – Case Summaries 15 pages Lecture 9 Statutory Interpretation – Spider Graph 1 page Lecture 10 Judges 06:40 Lecture 11 Judges – Spider Graph 1 page Lecture 12 Article 6 & The Due Process 04:01 Lecture 13 Article 6 & The Due Process – Case Summaries 23 pages Lecture 14 Article 6 & The Due Process – Spider Graphs 1 page Lecture 15 Criminal Justice Process 07:35 Lecture 16 Criminal Justice Process – Case Summaries 5 pages Lecture 17 Criminal Justice Process – Spider Graph 1 page Lecture 18 Human Rights Act 1998