Fall 2015/Spring 2016 Fully paid Volunteer Student Intern
The Administrative Office (AO), an agency of the Judicial Branch of the Federal government, is committed to serving and supporting the Federal court system of the United States. The AO provides a broad range of legislative, legal, financial, technology, management, administrative and program support services to the Federal courts.
OPPORTUNITY: The AO is seeking applicants for the Volunteer Student Internship Program. The opportunity is intended to provide valuable work experience and better prepare students interested in a public service career. The AO is presently looking for students with backgrounds and/or demonstrated interest in the following areas: Human Resources, Public Affairs/Communication, Media Studies, Politics, Law, English, Business Administration, Sociology, Psychology and Information Technology. The student will have an opportunity to improve his or her writing, research, analytical, logical, multi-tasking, and customer-service skills. Additionally, student volunteers are provided with several networking opportunities with fellow interns, agency employees, and other government employers. Past intern events have included:
- Relatives of current Federal Judicial Branch employees are not eligible.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Student volunteers will perform a wide variety of administrative support duties such as:
- Conducting research and assisting with special projects and day-to-day operations;
- Preparing and analyzing reports;
- Drafting memoranda and correspondences;
- Proofreading, editing, and assisting with manual revision;
- Maintaining case files,
- Assisting with Judiciary committee or subcommittee liaison matters;
- Providing ideas and supporting web contents; and
- Performing general office tasks, such as answering phones, copying and filing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes:
- Your Resume
- A complete Occupational Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, October 15, 2015.